“You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have, because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
A Harvard educated lawyer, Michelle Obama is one of the most brilliant, bold and confident women out there, not afraid to speak her mind or talk about the issues that concern her. Here is why she is the perfect role model for all the young ladies out there!
1. “There is no limit as to what we, as women, can accomplish in politics or any other field.”
Brilliant, fierce, bold and the most self assured woman we all know, she’s a force to reckon with. Never failing to motivate anyone with her words, she is a supporter of gender equality. Having faced gender discrimination as a child when her brother’s opinions were valued more, she understands this discrimination and has never left any stone unturned to remove the stereotypes.
2. “I never cut class. I loved getting A’s, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world.”
Her hard work and determination to never give up are extremely inspiring and motivating. She’s a woman not only of elegant poise but also of brilliant brain and a smart attitude. Young ladies, here’s something we all must learn from her, education and confidence are the two most important things in life. Everything else is secondary.
3. “Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.”
When she started her graduate studies at Princeton, she faced all kinds of discrimination, racial and gender. Nothing stopped her from becoming who she wanted to be. Even during her studies at Harvard she consistently fought for the rights of minorities and still works for equality.
4. “Together, we can help make sure that every family that walks into a restaurant can make an easy, healthy choice.”
Since Eleanor Roosevelt, she’s the first ‘First Lady’ of the US to plant organic kitchen gardens at the White House and promotes healthy eating. She’s an avid fighter of growing obesity in the States and has taken the first step to cure it at the White House itself. She’s someone who knows that in order to change the society, first, the change has to be brought in one self.
5. “My first job in all honesty is going to continue to be mom-in-chief. Making sure that in this transition, which will be even more of a transition for the girls… that they are settled and that they know they will continue to be the center of our universe.”
Amidst all her responsibilities and work commitments, she has made sure that she pays due attention to her daughters and has raised two strong, confident ladies like herself. She sets a perfect example of how much a woman can single handedly contribute to the society.
6. “There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.”
Again, when it comes to fighting for equal rights, she’s made sure to fight for the rights of the LGBT community. She believes that in a State where equality is propagated, discrimination against same-sex couples and transgender isn’t just right.
A combination of beauty and brains, she never fails to inspire or motivate me. She’s a role model to millions and that’s the kind of society we all want to build, where bold women are appreciated and encouraged.
About the Author:
Constantly shifting from super energetic to unimaginably lazy while watching Sherlock episodes all day. I’m an enthusiast for good food, great music, enthralling conversations and of course, beautiful literature. Trying to make a difference, one word and one place at a time.